Dialog is a simplified version of Modal component. It does not include most of accessibility and usability Modal features:
- Focus trap is not available
- Does not close on click outside
- Does not have overlay
Use Dialog to attract attention with not important information or action, for example, you can create an email subscription form:
Dialog is rendered in Portal and has fixed position, set
position prop to control Dialog position:
Component supports all props from Paper component,
you can customize
radius same way.
Dialog supports all transitions from Transition component. To change transition provide following props:
- transition – predefined transition name or transition object
- transitionDuration – transition duration in ms, defaults to 200ms
- transitionTimingFunction – timing function, defaults to
Component is not accessible and most likely will not be announced by screen reader, make sure you do not put any important information. In most cases it would be much better to select Modal, Drawer or Notifications.